When you invest in the upholstery, stains and spills are likely to haunt you forever. However, getting rid of them is a major task. All the satins cannot be removed by home remedies and there are also a few stains that are so stubborn that they refuse to go away. Such stains seep deeper into the sofa and couch fibres and damage them completely. This would not only reduce the look of your upholstery but you may also end up spending a lot on buying a new one.
So, to cut short all the problems that you are going to face upon dirtying your upholstery because of stains, we offer a few life-saving hacks to save your sofas and couches from stains. In this blog, we are going to discuss stubborn stains and how to get rid of them.
Here are some common types of stains and tips to remove them:
Stains and spills are very common. They are caused due to day-to-day accidents. Scroll down to know various types of stubborn stains and tips and tricks that help you to get rid of them in an effective manner.
- Chocolate stains- If you have kids at your place, there is no doubt that your upholstery would be covered with chocolate stains all over. This can be a problem if you do not react immediately. For chocolate stains, start off by scraping as much of the chocolate as you can from your couch. Now, make a mixture of a spoonful of dish soap and water. Dip a cloth in this mixture and gently tap the stain with it. Rinse it later, your stain will be gone.
- Coffee stains- It is very common to get coffee stains on your beloved sofas and couches. You can save them from getting damaged though. Try to blot as much of the stain as you can using a dry cloth. Now, put some mild dish soap onto the stain and scrub it with a damp cloth. The stain will be gone, rinse it as usual.
- Grease stains- Now these stains are very common but you can spill some oil or any other thing that can be greasy. So, place a paper towel onto the stain and let it absorb as much of the grease as it can. Then, slightly dampen the stain and sprinkle some salt onto it which helps to lift up the grease from your upholstery. Vacuum off the salt and air-dry the upholstery before using.
- Ketchup stains- Again one of the most common stains that you get on your upholstery especially when kids are around. Remove the excess ketchup with a blunt knife and blot the stain with a damp cloth. Now, prepare a mixture using ½ part liquid dish soap and 1 part cold water, blot the stain with this mixture. The stain should be gone. If there is still some colouration left, make a mixture of 1 spoon ammonia with 1 cup cold water and blot the stain with it.
Note: You can use this same procedure for mustard stains too. The only difference being you use warm water for a mustard stain instead of cold water.
- Ink stains- Well, there might be many methods of getting rid of an ink stain from your upholstery. But, we believe using rubbing alcohol is the best of all. Blot the stain with a clean cloth dipped in rubbing alcohol. Make sure you blot the stain from outside towards the center to prevent smudging of the ink. Repeat this process until the stain fades and disappears.
You Can Hire Us For Upholstery Cleaning
We are one of the finest upholstery cleaners in Brisbane. Our agency is said to be the most reliable and trusted upholstery cleaning agency. We offer a wide variety of upholstery cleaning services such as stain removal, smell removal, mould removal, and much more. All the services that we offer at Squeaky Clean Sofa are affordable and budget-friendly. Book with us today to avail of our amazing upholstery cleaning services. For bookings, contact us at 0482077285.