No doubt fabric sofas look great but when it comes to Fabric upholstery cleaning it is a nightmare. Not everybody wants to cover their fabric sofas with plastic covers. So spills are bound to happen and that cannot be avoided. Better you learn about how to clean a fabric sofa.
How To Clean A Stained Fabric Sofa?
First of all, see the tag attached to your furniture if it is marked with an “X,” it means you can only clean it with a vacuum cleaner. If the tag says “S” it requires solvent-based cleaning only no water can be used. Sofa tagged with “W” denotes, water can be used for cleaning it while or “WS” means both water and solvent-based cleaner can be applied.
To start the procedure for Cleaning Stained Fabric Sofa you need the below items and ingredients:
- One upholstery cleaning vacuum cleaner machine
- Some pieces of clean microfiber cloths
- One bucket
- Distilled water to clean the stain
(Because normal tap water sometimes leave residue behind causing more other types of stain)
- Distilled white vinegar
- Liquid dish soap
Special note: Before you start implementing the solution it is better to spot test the homemade solutions to some insignificant area of the fabric furniture.
- Step – 1: To start with the cleaning process, vacuum the fabric to make it free from dirt and debris.
- Step -2: Put 1 tablespoon of vinegar, 1 tablespoon of dishwashing liquid and 2 cups of distilled water together in a bucket and mix it well.
- Step-3: Now just dampen one microfiber cloth to the homemade cleaning solution and gently blot it over the stain without rubbing the area.
- Step: 4: This time moisten with another fresh microfiber cloth dipping in water only. No vinegar or dishwashing liquid this time.
- Step: 5: Dry with the fresh microfiber cloth for one more time and allow it some time to dry completely.
Points to be kept in mind while cleaning stained fabric sofa
There are home techniques that you can follow for your Fabric Sofa Cleaning. Here we guide you on how to clean a fabric sofa. Just go through the easy points and follow the techniques of cleaning your fabric upholstery in the right way.
- Review the manufacturer’s instructions: Do not ever forget to check the manufacturer’s instructions before you start your cleaning. If you start removing stains from your sofa without following the cleaning instructions you may ruin your couch or could void warranties.
- Refer the tags for all your cleaning questions: The tag attached on your sofa cushions can give you some important clue about the facts as if the fabric can be cleaned with water or solvent.
- Do not deviate from the recommended cleaning methods on the tags. Always follow the specification given in the tag religiously. Never use water when it exclusively calls for a solvent-based cleaner. Thus you can spoil the fabric. As water often leaves a stain on your fabric upholstery. So do not risk your fabric couch. Stick to the tags and go for the stained Fabric upholstery cleaning.
Hire Professional Couch Cleaning Services
Fabric sofa can catch dust very fast. You need to take extra care of the fabric upholstery to keep them in good condition. Apart from a regular vacuum and dusting, it needs a deep cleaning. It is better to hire professional Fabric Sofa cleaning services once a year. And for that, you can hire Squeaky Clean Sofa. The cleaning team we own offers the best services for couch cleaning and helps protect it from future damage.