Steam cleaning can be regarded as one of the most eco-friendly ways to clean any couch and sofa and to remove dust and dirt from them.
The process of Steam Cleaning
- First, you have to prepare the couch which needs steam cleaning.
- Certain couch needs a special solvent based cleaner, while for others only steam cleaning works.
- Start with vacuuming the couch in order to clean the dust and dirt accumulated at the surface. This would make your work easier.
- Now, following the instructions given inthe machine manual, try to prepare the machine for cleaning.
- The steamer must be set at 158 degrees Fahrenheit in order to sanitize and a minimum temperature of 212 degrees Fahrenheit to dis-infect the fabric of the couch.
- While using the machine to clean the couch, make sure you start working from the top of the furniture and slowly move downwards.
- Try to spend about 50-60 seconds over each section of the couch and make sure to clean the fold and corners thoroughly.
- Also, make sure that you set the right temperature, as high temperature can deteriorate the upholstery fabric of your couch.
Benefits of Couch Steam Cleaning
There are various perks of cleaning your upholstery or couch via steam cleaning method, due to the following reasons:
- First and the foremost, steam cleaning makes your couch free from any dust, dirt, and It creates a hygienic environment for your kids and pets.
- It helps to retain the luster and shine of the upholstery of the couch.
- Regular steam cleaning or doing it on a periodic basis can extend the life of your couch. All the money you spent on your couch will be worth it.
- Unlike other processes involved in cleaning the couch, steam cleaning uses no harmful chemicals. In the steam cleaning process, the water is just converted into steam and this is then used to clean the entire couch.
- There is no hassle of water involved in steam cleaning. When you clean the couch with water and chemicals, there are chances that the moisture may seep inside the inner layers. This moisture can harm your couch in the long run. But, with steam cleaning, there is no such issue. The steam dries out very quickly, even under a normal fan. Also, no moisture gets absorbed between the layers of the upholstery or between the folds
- Due to the steam involved in this process, all kinds of bacteria and germs are also removed which may have been left behind even after vacuuming.
Thus, next time you plan to clean your couch, make sure to opt for an eco-friendly and hassle free cleaning process. And, there can be nothing better than steam cleaning.
Just to let you know, we are the best couch steam cleaning company and are known for providing other related services as well including mattresses cleaning, sofa cleaning, spring cleaning and the like.