Lounge helps us to relax and unwind momentarily. It can be our office lobby or the living room of our house, a few minutes spent over the lounge rejuvenates the body. As the lounge takes care of us, we should also be aware to protect them. Protecting them from stains and marks, wear and tear are essential. If it is protected properly, then need to clean reduce eventually.
Mistakes To Be Avoided While Cleaning Upholstery
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight. Sunlight causes discoloration and deformation to many fabrics and leather to be more specific.
- Use anti-allergen and leather-friendly anti contaminant sprays regularly. As these upholsteries can’t be exposed to sunlight, so to prevent the breeding of harmful microorganisms, this treatment is compulsory.
- Avoid placing such upholsteries close to heaters and air conditioners. Excessive heat or temperature irregularities can cause spots and cracks over the surface.
- Get surface protectors if the lounge is new. It protects the surface from being smeared by any strainers or gets any scratch.
- Regular dry cloth dusting prevents the accumulation of dust over the surface. A vacuum cleaner with upholstery and crevice attachments can also be used for this purpose.
- In case of any accidental stain, use a wet cloth to wipe it off. Don’t soak the sot with excessive water. Sofa cleaning this way is highly beneficial.
- Keep the lounge covered with protectors when it is not in use.
- Avoid accumulation of moisture and prevent it from getting wet. Moisture can ruin the entire look of the lounge.
- Take immediate action in case any stain occurs over the surface. Stains if left for long become stubborn and are difficult to remove.
- Regular use of a leather conditioner is compulsory for its shiny look to be maintained. The conditioner should be natural and non-toxic.
Tips To Clean A Leather Lounge
- Avoid using harsh and rough detergents for cleaning such upholsteries. Detergents corrode the surface and make it rough and hard.
- Using natural cleaning agents or moisturizing soap (in case of emergency) is advisable.
- The cleaning agents must be natural and mild. Avoid using dishwashing soap as it can remove the color of the fabric along with the stain.
- Avoid rinsing or buffing or scrubbing to get a better shine. It spoils the fabric surface quality. Gentle application of the cleaning agent and then wiping it off with a wet cloth is enough for shine.
- A paste of lemon juice and tartar can be useful in removing normal spots from leather surfaces. Apply the paste to the stained region and leave it for some time. Then using a wet cloth, wipe it clean.
- After cleaning use blower at normal temperature to dry the spot on the furniture. Never dry on sunlight.
Take The Help Of Professionals
In case you want to keep your upholstery free from stains, avoid making it discolored and keep it new forever, you can take the help of professional upholstery cleaning service provider.
If you are looking for a reliable and trusted upholstery cleaning company Sydney, then Squeaky Clean Sofa is the best option. We have years of experience and offer the most economical and effective leather lounge cleaning service.