You might have no idea that your couch is dirty, but deep cleaning can really help in removing dirt built-up stuff that you’re ignoring like sloughed-off skin cells and leftover chunks of food. If your couch is made of natural fabric, here’s how you can make your sofa look new again.
Steps To Clean Your Couch
The sofa comes in different shapes, sizes, and materials, some of the types have removable and washable cushions. A cotton-blend or linen sofa can be easily cleaned using natural ingredients. However, before starting, check your couch properly and read the instruction carefully. Most of them have tags, same as specified below:
- W type: Fit for water cleaning.
- S type: Solvent-based cleaner can be used in cleaning.
- SW type: Can be cleaned using water or solvent cleaner.
- X type: Clean by vacuum cleaner only.
The Cleaning Procedure
- Take a soft bristle brush or a towel, and start cleaning the sofa.
- Remove any dried spot or spill and clean the sofa thoroughly.
- Do not use any dye cloth or sponge, it may leave the color spot on the sofa and the couch stain removal will not work.
- Baking soda is a very important cleaning agent in your home.
- By sprinkling, the solution in some amount it will remove all the odor and stain and it’ll sanitize the fabric.
- After sprinkling it on all over the couch surface, leave it for at least 20 minutes, the baking soda will set into the fabric and absorb any odor and break down the Sofa Stains.
- Vacuum the surface thoroughly, install a brush on the vacuum cleaner.
Cleaning With A Solution
- Now, use a cleaning solution, you can either make one on your own using white vinegar, dishwashing soap, water, and baking soda or you can buy a commercial cleaning agent from a local store.
- Before using anything do a fabric test.
- Use the solution on a small spot on the sofa and notice any difference.
- If discoloration happens or the color of the sofa fabric fades then do not use it.
- Pour some solution on a soft cloth and wipe the couch surface, do not use any dye cloth, use a normal white towel like cloth.
- You’ll see that the dirt is coming out in cloth, after wiping dry your couch in fresh air or turn on the fan.
Hire Professional Couch Cleaners
Squeaky Clean Sofa is a trusted couch cleaning services provider in Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Perth, and Sydney. We have an experienced team of experts to handle all kinds of sofa stain removal and upholstery cleaning jobs. We use only environment-friendly cleaning agents, which are easy on fabrics and not harmful to the environment and humans. Call us today to book our service.