The upholstered sofas are favorite among all designers. They are available in varying styles, designs, and ranges. It adds a sense of comfort and elegance to any living room. How much you love this piece, but the upholstered furniture gets affected the most by dust and debris. Also, sometimes, stain accidents happen accidentally, changing the look of the furniture. Upholstery Stain Cleaning is quite a difficult task when you are dealing with bad stains. And it’s important to clean upholstery as a routine.
Firstly, before starting with the cleaning, read the manufacturer’s guide properly. It comes with cleaning tags and what materials you can use. Also, check the tags for any kind of cleaning clues. Some of the codes you can check are:
- W- It’s fine to clean the material using water
- S- Don’t clean the furniture with only water. You will need a water-based solvent.
- WS- You are free to use either water or water-based solvent for cleaning
- X- Only vacuum the material to remove dirt
Ways to clean a fabric Upholstery couch
- You can start using baking soda to deodorize the sofa. Start by prepping the couch with either a stiff brush or hand towel. Further, this can loosen anything tied to the Dry Couch.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the entire furniture and keep it for about 20 minutes. Using the brush attachment side, remove the baking soda thoroughly.
- Using a cleaner, next clean all the remaining residues. Take 1 tbsp white vinegar, liquid dish wash, and warm water. Also, add 1 tbsp of baking soda and combine all the same into a spray bottle.
- Take a white cloth and dab on the stains using the solution. It will remove the stains from the fabrics. You can even wipe the entire couch to give it a deep clean.
How can you clean the microfiber Upholstery couch?
When there are microfiber couches, you can clean them using alcohol. But before you use the solution, test and check the tags available from the manufacturer. If it has S written, it means, you can use alcohol, as its solvent.
- Spray alcohol in all parts of the area and then scrub using either a white or a light-colored sponge. This way you will see the stains lifting off easily.
- The couch gets dried easily since alcohol evaporates. After it dries, you can use a scrub brush for the purpose. Just use the brush in a circular motion to get the full effect.
- Sometimes you can use both water and solvent-based solutions together. First, spray, scrub and then dry the couch.
Cleaning of leather Upholstery couch
- Upholstery Stain Cleaning in leather furniture starts by vacuuming the furniture first to remove the dirt and debris.
- Wipe the whole furniture using a microfibre cloth.
- Take equal parts water and vinegar in a bucket and dampen a microfibre cloth. Don’t make it wet.
- Dry the couch after use and you can use a Leather Furniture and Apparel conditioner. It’s best to use it every 6 to 12 months for making the leather feel soft.
Upholstery stains are difficult to remove. Sometimes, if it’s excessive, you can rely on professionals for help by Upholstery Cleaning Adelaide.